In every planned travel in your calendar you should always keep in mind that you should always be safe not sick, especially if it’s a foreign land and you’re travelling alone. It would be a disaster if you get sick along the way. You won’t be able to enjoy the place and the atmosphere of your dream destination.
One of the common problem encountered by travelers is motion sickness.
Motion sickness in general is referred to possessing or feeling the sensation wooziness which occurred during travels via car, boat, train and airplane. Some of the symptoms could be upset stomach, dizziness, nausea, headache, cold clammy skin, sweating and worst vomiting. These are the result when your body’s major sensory organs like ears and eyes sends mixed signals to your brain causing conflicting sensations felt by the body.
Some people are more susceptible to experience this kind of event during their younger years, those who are travelling a lot are likely to adapt to the routine and doesn’t become affected anymore. Those with special conditions like pregnant women tends to be more prone to motion sickness due to physical and hormonal changes.
How can you prevent motion sickness during your travels? Listed below are some tips to get rid of motion sickness.
- Physicians mostly prescribe Hyoscine hydrobromide, commonly known as scopolamine and dimenhydrinate which brands are Dramamine or Gravol.
- If you’re travelling by plane or bus, fill the sit where you can least feel the motion of the moving vehicle. Commonly located on the center.
- If you feel that your ears are starting to buzz then probably it’s the fluid inside your year that keeps your body’s balance is starting to be startled. So try lying down for a couple of minutes to let the fluid pool rather than swirl in the ears.
- Make sure that you didn’t take any alcohol or medicine that could make you dizzy 24 hours prior travelling. You don’t want to add up any unnecessary sensation to your body.
- During short trips, try not to fill your stomach with food for this can cause dizziness and can result to vomiting but during longer travels you can eat small portions of meal often.
Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent motion sickness? You can write us a comment below.